Searching For My Inner Pearl

An oyster shell is a plain looking thing, and the oyster inside doesn't look any better. But once in a while, you can crack open that ugly exterior to find a beautiful and shiny pearl waiting inside. I want to find my inner pearl. I want to crack open my ugly exterior of uncertainty, confusion and worry, to set free my calm, content and beautiful inner self.

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

What are your hot buttons?

Yeah, we all got em! You know what I'm talking about! Your hot buttons get pressed when other people say/do something that makes your blood boil instantly. It could be something serious, or something simple. What are yours?

My hot buttons

  • Bad spelling and grammar
  • Animal abuse
  • Drunks
  • Disrespecting overweight/challenged/not so pretty/gay/different/ etc people out loud where others can hear you
  • People who think that someone different from them isn't as good as them
  • Repeating myself
  • People assuming that just because I don't talk to you that means I don't like you and/or am a bitch
  • People who have opinions but refuse to qualify them after stating said opinion
I'm sure I have more, but this is just a start! In this journey of mine, I'll probably lose a few and gain a few. We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment