Searching For My Inner Pearl

An oyster shell is a plain looking thing, and the oyster inside doesn't look any better. But once in a while, you can crack open that ugly exterior to find a beautiful and shiny pearl waiting inside. I want to find my inner pearl. I want to crack open my ugly exterior of uncertainty, confusion and worry, to set free my calm, content and beautiful inner self.

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Getting Easier...

While, I won't classify this process as "easy", parts of it are definitely getting easier. I'm finding myself feeling less pessimistic (in some areas) and generally happier. I'm also finding it easier to be nicer and more understanding of others. While this isn't a finished project... I doubt it ever will be, I'm certainly feeling better about it.

Part of it, I know, is that now (again) have people in my life that accept me. As is.  That's HUGE to me.

I had saved a quote from the Buddha on my notes page for future use/ reference. Though, at the time, I didn't really feel it, It did speak to me. And now I'm beginning to believe it. "Hatred never ceases with hatred, but with love alone is healed. That is the ancient and eternal law."

Love does heal. You just have to let it.

No comments:

Post a Comment