Searching For My Inner Pearl

An oyster shell is a plain looking thing, and the oyster inside doesn't look any better. But once in a while, you can crack open that ugly exterior to find a beautiful and shiny pearl waiting inside. I want to find my inner pearl. I want to crack open my ugly exterior of uncertainty, confusion and worry, to set free my calm, content and beautiful inner self.

Saturday, August 7, 2010

I am What I Think.

If I AM the collection of all my thoughts and everything that I think about myself, then the picture of my inner self isn't a pretty one. Maybe this is the one thing that distinguishes Optimistic people from Pessimistic people (that would be me); Optimists always look on the brighter, "glass half-full" side of things, whereas Pessimists are the exact opposite.

Maybe I stay in this mindset because it's safe and familiar; It's what I know and the outside world is a scary place. I've heard before, and believed in the idea that if you live life expecting to fail, then you won't be surprised when you DO fail, because you're already expecting it. But I've come around to thinking that I have to change my thinking. I have get to where I believe that if I live life expecting to succeed, then I won't be surprised when I DO succeed. So, listed below is my personal list of things I think...believe about myself and another list of how I want to turn those things around and make them positive.



  • I think I am unworthy of love...but I want to believe that I am SO worthy of love.
  • I think I will always fail... but I want to believe that I am capable of any task.
  • I think that people will always betray me... but I want to believe that it's not about taking sides. Betrayal isn't the issue.
  • I think I always have to be right... but I want to believe that being wrong is the only way to grow and change.
  • I think I have to fight against being told what to do... but I want to believe that I am free to make my own decisions and only listen to those who make me a better, happier person.
  • I think my opinion of me is based on others opinions of me... but I want to believe that only my opinion matters!

And I am slowly following the path to get from "I think" to "I believe".

No comments:

Post a Comment